Multiple computers are very common on today`s business or home desk, wich all have their monitors, keyboards and mice. If you dont have a expensive kvm switch or a really BIG desk you should take a look at some cool peace of software named Synergy. It can help you connect all the computers to one keyboard and mice over ethernet and save you lots of space and money. I am so pleased with it that I had to mention it on my blog. Here are some basic info from their official site:
What is Synergy?
Synergy is Free and Open Source Software that lets you easily share your mouse and keyboard between multiple computers, where each computer has it’s own display. No special hardware is required, all you need is a local area network. Synergy is supported on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- Issues: Latest fixed
- FAQs: User, Developer
- News/updates: Blog, Twitter
- Mailing lists: User, Developer
- Nightly build: Console, Builders, Packages
- Move your mouse easily between computers
- Requires nothing other than existing ethernet
- Copy and paste between your computers
- No need to press any buttons (unlike KVM)
- You can still use multiple monitors on the same computer
- Lock the mouse to one screen
Offical site: http://synergy-foss.org/